As the Avid4 Adventure Marketing Assistant, you will join a team who all share the belief that participation in the outdoors has the power to transform kids’ lives. Our summer camps (www.avid4.com) empower pre-K- 12th graders with the skills and confidence to paddle, bike, hike, and climb in the outdoors with the goal of inspiring kids to lead active lifestyles. The Marketing Assistant is responsible for the successful management of multiple grassroots marketing campaigns for Avid4 Adventure’s existing day camp locations throughout Colorado and California. In addition, the Marketing Assistant will support Regional Managers and Marketing Coordinators focused on new day camps, implement website and email updates, and support other marketing activities as needed. The Marketing Assistant will report to the SVP of Marketing, work closely with the Marketing Team and cross-functionally with Avid4 Adventure Regional Manager Team. The Marketing Assistant is an integral part of our success in empowering kids to be active for life.
- You are incredibly organized, detailed, and a logistics master.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can develop relationships easily over the phone.
- You are comfortable using various software systems and are quick on the computer.
- You believe in the mission of Avid4 Adventure and are excited to share that mission with others.
- You work well independently and are self-driven but also work well as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong attention to detail; highly organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with email software such as Mail Chimp, Constant Contact or Hubspot and/or experience with Content Management Systems such as WordPress (or equivalent) a plus!
- Call public and private elementary schools at each of Avid4 Adventure’s Year 3+ day camp markets to gain approval for distribution of Avid4 Adventure’s marketing materials. Oversee the distribution of Avid4 Adventure fliers, posters, or blurbs in school eNewsletters 2x/season.
- Identify opportunities to distribute Avid4 Adventure information through: Moms groups, local businesses, local youth organizations or other community organizations within Year 3+ day camp markets.
- Support Avid4 Adventure’s local Community Marketing Coordinators through the following:
- Setting up landing pages for House Party RSVPs, Rock Wall event registrations, and other events as needed. Sending follow up emails to attendees as needed.
- Customizing print and digital materials needed by Community Marketing Coordinators (fliers, ads). Scheduling distribution of materials with local print shops.
- Overseeing coupon management within Avid4 Adventure’s registration software, Active.com.
- Support digital content: categorize photography and videos in asset management software, implement website updates (pre-camp guides, photo uploads, Camp Director bios, pricing and locations per camp, camp photo links for all locations, core value pin content and more), set up email campaigns with links and photos.
- Support activities of the Avid4 Adventure marketing team as needed.
Work Schedule, Compensation & Other:
- This is a part-time, hourly position. Hourly pay is $14/hour, 30 hours/week Monday – Friday, August 28, 2017 – April 30, 2018.
- The Marketing Assistant will work from Avid4 Adventure’s office located at: 3200 Carbon Place, Boulder, CO.
- This position needs to have access to a working, insured vehicle & have the ability to occasionally travel during the 9-5pm work week to camp locations in the Boulder – Denver – Golden region. Mileage will be reimbursed.
- This position is not eligible for benefits.