As the Avid4 Adventure Community Outreach Coordinator, you will join a team who all share the belief that participation in the outdoors has the power to transform kids’ lives. Our summer camps (www.avid4.com) empower pre-K- 12th graders with the skills and confidence to paddle, bike, hike, climb in the outdoors with the goal of inspiring kids to lead active lifestyles. The Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the successful management and oversight of multiple grassroots marketing campaigns for Avid4 Adventure’s new day camp locations in the South Bay of the Bay Area. Due to the networking and driving requirements of this position, candidates should live within driving distance of San Jose - Palo Alto region. The Community Outreach Coordinator will report to the SVP of Marketing, work closely with the Marketing Team and cross-functionally with Avid4 Adventure Regional Manager Team. This position is an integral part of our success in empowering kids to be active for life.
- You are outgoing, thrive on building relationships & connections and are extremely personable. You enjoy connecting with community leaders such as principals, parents and organization leaders.
- You are willing to drive! You will be networking in communities throughout your region.
- You are incredibly organized and detail-oriented.
- You believe in the mission of Avid4 Adventure and are excited to share that mission with others.
- You work well independently and are self-driven but also work well as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong attention to detail; highly organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS suite and proficient computer skills
- Identify 10-15 high performing public and private elementary schools at each of Avid4 Adventure’s new day camp markets. Develop school & PTO partnerships with the goal of building Avid4 Adventure’s qualified lead list through implementing a combination of the following:
- Scheduling Avid4 Adventure rock wall climbing events during the P.E. portion of the school day or at school festivals.
- School auction donations
- Distribution of Avid4 Adventure fliers, posters, or blurbs in school eNewsletters 2x/season
- Avid4 Adventure banners displayed on school fences
- Develop Avid4 Adventure’s qualified lead list through setting up and coordinating House Parties at the homes of parents within Avid4 Adventure’s new day camp markets:
- Network to find House Party hosts, coordinate all logistics for event, manage follow up with attendees. (An Avid4 Adventure Regional Manager will present at house parties)
- Establish house parties in each Year 1 and Year 2 market to build a qualified lead list of at least 50 contacts in each market through house parties.
- Identify opportunities to distribute Avid4 Adventure information in new day camp markets through: moms groups, local businesses, local youth organizations or other community organizations. Coordinate distribution of information.
- Community Sponsorships
- Work with the SVP of Marketing and Regional Managers to identify strategic community sponsorships and implement sponsorship activities (ex: Avid4 Adventure marketing shwag in goodie bags of local kids’ triathlon).
- Support any Year 1 site grassroots efforts that the Avid4 Adventure team needs additional support with.
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION:
- This is a part-time, hourly position. Hourly pay is $18/hour. This position is expected to work 30 hours/week Monday – Friday, September 2017 – April 30, 2018.
- The California Community Outreach Coordinator will be based at home.
- This position needs to have access to a working, insured vehicle & have the ability to drive to the communities they will be marketing in during the 9-5pm work week.
- This position is not eligible for benefits.