As the Avid4 Adventure Community Outreach Coordinator, you will join a team who all share the belief that participation in the outdoors has the power to transform kids’ lives. Our summer camps (www.avid4.com) empower pre-K- 12th graders with the skills and confidence to paddle, bike, hike, and climb in the outdoors with the goal of inspiring kids to lead active lifestyles. The Colorado Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the successful management and oversight of multiple grassroots marketing campaigns for Avid4 Adventure’s camps in the Front Range (Broomfield - Colorado Springs region) that will deepen our community engagement and achieve enrollment goals for new day camp locations. Due to the networking and driving requirements of this position, candidates should ideally live within driving distance of communities between Boulder and Colorado Springs. The Community Outreach Coordinator will report to the SVP of Marketing, work closely with the Marketing Team and cross-functionally with Avid4 Adventure Regional Manager Team. The Colorado Community Outreach Coordinator is an integral part of our success in empowering kids to be active for life.
- You are outgoing, thrive on building relationships & connections and are extremely personable. You enjoy connecting with community leaders such as principals, parents and organization leaders.
- You are willing to drive! You will network in communities throughout the Front Range.
- You are incredibly organized and detail-oriented.
- You believe in the mission of Avid4 Adventure and are excited to share that mission with others.
- You work well independently and are self-driven but also work well as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong attention to detail; highly organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS suite and proficient computer skills
- Identify 10-15 high performing public and private elementary schools at each of Avid4 Adventure’s new day camp markets. Develop school & PTO partnerships with the goal of building Avid4 Adventure’s qualified lead list through implementing a combination of the following:
- Scheduling Avid4 Adventure rock wall climbing events during the P.E. portion of the school day or at school festivals
- School auction donations
- Distribution of Avid4 Adventure fliers, posters, or blurbs in school eNewsletters 2x/season
- Avid4 Adventure banners displayed on school fences
- Develop Avid4 Adventure’s qualified lead list through setting up and coordinating House Parties at the homes of parents within Avid4 Adventure’s new day camp markets:
- Network to find House Party hosts, coordinate all logistics for event, manage follow up with attendees. (An Avid4 Adventure Regional Manager will present at house parties)
- Establish house parties in each Year 1 and Year 2 market to build a qualified lead list of at least 50 contacts in each market through house parties.
- Identify opportunities to distribute Avid4 Adventure information in new day camp markets through: moms groups, local businesses, local youth organizations or other community organizations. Coordinate distribution of information.
- Community Sponsorships
- Work with the SVP of Marketing and Regional Managers to identify strategic community sponsorships and implement sponsorship activities (ex: Avid4 Adventure marketing shwag in goodie bags of local kids’ triathlon).
- Support any Year 1 site grassroots efforts that the Avid4 Adventure team needs additional support with.
SCHEDULE, COMPENSATION & OTHER:
- This is a part-time, hourly position. Hourly pay is $15-17/hour, 30 hours/week Monday – Friday, September 2017 – April 30, 2018.
- The Colorado Community Marketing Coordinator will work at least once/week at Avid4 Adventure’s office located at: 3200 Carbon Place, Boulder, CO and also has flexibility to work from home as needed.
- This position needs to have access to a working, insured vehicle & have the ability to travel during the 9-5pm work week throughout the Front Range (Boulder - Denver - Colorado Springs). Mileage is reimbursed.
- This position is not eligible for benefits.
- Once we receive your application, we will review it thoroughly. If we decide not to move forward with your application, you will receive an email. If we are interested in moving forward, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
- If you are selected to move forward after the initial interview, we will follow up with a second round interview.
- Our team will do a thorough reference check with no less than 3 references. All references must be with previous employers.
- Once we gather all of this information, we will offer you a job on the following conditions:
- Successful completion of all background checks.
- All of your new employee paperwork is submitted within 2 weeks of being offered employment.